Towa was founded in 2002 by Gerardo Lopez, with the vision of using the most advanced engineering disciplines to develop a new concept in the delivery of software projects. As the founder of one of the largest IT delivery companies in Mexico, Mr. Lopez was a pioneer in the development of the software factory concept. With the inception of Towa, Mr. Lopez was inspired to drive a new level of organizational performance which moved well beyond standards such as CMM and providing a capability which combines customer intimacy, agility, and a new level of quality in application delivery. With this thought, Towa has devoted over a decade to the research, development and application of engineering processes around the analysis and development of information systems. Our standard for application delivery: industrial-grade applications with a maximum 1 defect for 20,000 lines of code Towa delivers.
As a Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute (CMU-SEI) partner, Towa is an international leader in the successful application of CMU-SEI’s Team Software Process (TSP) and Personal Software Process (PSP). With an institutional program known as Engineering Warrior Training (EWT) in which our experienced Towa executives provide an intensive training program to our young talent on executing development tasks using our unique engineering processes, we have achieved above-market results and industry recognition.
Towa offers a large staff of consultants with certifications, who have dedicated the majority of their career with our companies, ensuring a consistent approach and commitment to our corporate quality standard.
Our facilities offer highly scalable operations in a low cost technology center that is seeing considerable growth.
Our Value Proposition to our clients is to provide Software Projects with Certainty, which includes delivery
- WITHOUT defects:
- Projects which fulfill all of the requirements
- Applications which don’t fail under any circumstance
- Projects which are efficient
- Projects which are standardized
- Predictable: on target and on budget
- Lowest TCO due to
- Lower construction cost
- Lower maintenance cost
- Lower Implementation cost
- Sustainable ROIs
Our commitment is to protect our client’s investment:
- Reduce the dependency on the Software Engineer
- Dependence is on the process not on the person
- Use of methodologies, standards and rules
- Provide Resource Allocation Flexibility
- Average resources, not geniuses, not heroes.
- Developing technology- independent languages and infrastructure (neutral)
- Protection of our clients property
- Business know-how
- Application know-how
Our Engineering Warrior Strategy is intended to drive a unique culture that encourages standardized individual practices and consistency across teams, and incentivizes individuals for performance against Towa’s quality objectives.
This includes the following business objectives:
1. Correct and complete processes for the software artifacts development.
2. Hiring of personnel qualified to work with true engineering disciplines.
3. Initial and continuous training to all the workforce.
4. Technological mentoring to ensure the execution compliance to the established processes.
5. Use of metrics on size, effort and quality.
6. Actions to continuously improve our performance, with main emphasis on quality.
Who are Towa´s Engineering Warriors?
A select group of people in Towa, reference point in their work teams in regard to practices of quality in software development.
This group is actively involved in a change in the Software Development Industry.
People who go through our training will be recognized as Engineering Warriors.
- Training of approximately 5 weeks with constant assessments.
- Continuous evaluation of deliverables and attitude to work.
- Last evaluation subject to terms of the client.
- Integration of people with better performance are also accepted by the client.
- Diploma of participation to all Those Who successfully complete the training.
Our Reason to Exist
To provide Engineering, Human and Spiritual Development as well as Social Responsibility to all its members;
"The Ability to Execute Software Projects with Certainty"
"To be the strongest, largest and most talented Latin American based software development and Nearshore solution Delivery Company in the world, providing employment for tens of thousands of people and well-being for their families"
- Real esteem for the person
- Social Responsibility
Beliefts: I truly believe that...
- People mean well and want to do "what's right"
We trust that the people around us act with positive intentions, their decisions
and actions are intended to benefit the most
- Cooperation between People and Institutions enable Extraordinary Achievements
Building trustful relations allows us to achieve our goals
- Towa is a vehicle for people to develop our potential
Every day tasks are an opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Excellence generates profitability
Being efficient and effective, we generate the means to make true our Reason to Exist
- Discipline and Engineering are the basis to Execute with Certainty
Only when using our practices and proper mentoring, we are able to develop quality software